SEE WHAT'S COOKING AT SHOP AT CLARES

This is the place to be if you want to see new and exciting products from Clares, get tips & suggestions on products and share info, stories and pics with our customers, our SAC team and anyone else that stops by. We love to see our products in action and hear what our customers are doing. We will add a new post of your story and pictures, right here in our blog. Feel free to add your comments to any of the existing posts. (Your comments will be reviewed for content before we post them). Also Please add your wishes to our Wish List post. Let us know what would you like to see us offer at Shop At Clares, LLC?

Thanks for stopping and for shopping.  Janet & Barb and the rest of the SAC team!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The US economy's downward spiral has proven to significantly affect not only our nation's citizens but many worldwide. In response we must learn to live within our means and unfortunately cut back on things that we didn't used to consider luxuries.

Let's start with one of the most obvious cut backs; going out to eat. As much as I love a Mad Mex burrito I have learned that eating out is one of those things that I simply can no longer afford to do on a regular basis. My solution? I now cook the majority of my meals at home making sure to leave a little bit left over for my lunch the next day. Since grocery prices have skyrocketed just like everything else I would like to suggest growing your own fruits and vegetables. Garden Tool Set Apron w/ Pockets by Picnic TimeWhether you have a nice plot of land outside or room in your apartment for a nice potted plant - growing your own vegetables can prove to save you hundreds on your grocery bill (not to mention avoid all of those pesky pesticides). Before I started growing my own vegetables I had no clue how to garden (refer to the November 20th post if you don't believe me). However this Garden Tool Set Apron w/ Pockets proved to be a simple and effective solution to my gardening woes. I now can enjoy vegetables with my home cooked meals without paying the grocery store's absurd prices. Unfortunately I can not offer and advice on farming livestock.

Retractable Outdoor Indoor Clothes Dryer Clothesline by MoermanAnother way to save mega bucks is unplugging that dryer and allowing your clothes to hang dry. Electric and Gas dryers consume a lot of energy in order to do something that can be naturally done over time. With this Retractable Outdoor Indoor Clothes Dryer Clothesline one can choose between indoor and outdoor drying. I personally prefer indoor drying due to my inexplicable fear of insects and wild animals.

The good news is by changing our lifestyle we are doing more than saving money. We are also saving the environment. Growing your own pesticide free food helps save those furry (and not so furry) friends that I am terrified of. When you hang dry your clothes you are also doing the earth a great favor by saving on energy... Seems like a pretty simple choice to me.

No comments: